Let’s face it: No matter how earth-smart you are, sometimes it’s hard to know what’s recyclable and what’s not. Add in the “I’m new in town,” “I’ve never had to recycle this before,” or “I can’t get to my computer to check out if this is recyclable” factors, and you might be at a loss as to how to properly dispose of your stuff.
Don’t let these or other circumstances deter you on your green quest. If you’ve got an iPhone or iPod Touch, download the newest version of Earth911.com’s free, on-the-go recycling application, iRecycle®.
Yes, there really is an app for that! Earth911’s iRecycle app for iPhone, iPad and Android devices allows you to find recycling locations for just about anything you need to dispose of anywhere in the United States.
Based on Earth911′s mantra that recycling is one of the easiest and most accessible ways to get people plugged into sustainability, the iRecycle® app provides access to more than 800,000 recycling and disposal resources for more than 240 materials. Also streaming the latest articles covering the trends and ideas in product stewardship and recycling that matter most, iRecycle® offers a completely unique user experience to the green Android sector.
Also from Earth911’s website: Top features of the new-and-improved iRecycle® include:
- Find recycling locations and programs for more than 240 materials
- Search capabilities using current location, ZIP code, address or city
- Access a recycling listing’s vital details such as website, phone number, directions, hours of operation, and other materials collected to streamline the process
- The latest in product stewardship and recycling news with original content published daily by Earth911.com
- Social sharing for both recycling searches and articles via Facebook and Twitter
- Customizable Earth911 User Profiles to access insider scoops and weekly e-newsletter blasts
- Easy access to past searches and articles read with the History feature
- Unique iRecycle Android Widget that brings fresh content right to a device’s home screen