On Sunday, the Little Gables Green Homes were wrapped in pretty green eco-friendly bows for the official ribbon cutting ceremony. Joining architect and developer at the event were his partners Jorge Milian of MDG Builders, and Richard K. Jones of Coltrain-Jones Architects. Also attending were Karen Shane, president of the Little Gables Neighborhood Association; Manuel Orbis Jr., special projects liaison for Miami-Dade Commission chair Rebeca Sosa; and Raul Valdez-Fauli, president and CEO of Professional Bank.
The developers broke ground in January 2013, and as I reported then: The two 3-bedroom homes will have approximately 2,000 square feet of “flexible interior floor plan” with an adaptable bonus room. Green features will include:
- Reinforced insulated concrete walls
- Tinted impact-resistant windows
- LED and compact florescent light fixtures controlled through wireless programmable switches
- A/C with Wi-Fi smart thermostats and solar ready connections
- Bamboo flooring
- Permeable pavers
- Gutters for rain harvesting
- Low-maintenance landscaping
- High efficiency plumbing fixtures
- Solar-panel ready reflective metal roofs
The home at 4464 SW 11 Street is listed for sale at $625,000. If you would like additional information about the Little Gables Green Homes, or any other green homes in the South Florida area, please contact me at 305.801.3133 or at MelanieinMiami@gmail.com.