The University of Miami invites you to celebrate Mother Earth on the Lakeside Patio April 21st from 10 am to 3 pm!
– 10 am: Green Fair – ECO art exhibit
– 12 pm: HUG THE LAKE
– 12.30 pm: Roberta “Bosey” Fullbright Foote Environmental Prize Ceremony
– 1 pm to 3 pm: Net Zero Energy Concert with Frost School of Music
During the day, you will have a chance to:
– Pass by the ECO- Green U table to get your punching card, visit our booths and start learning while having fun.
– Learn from our partners how they promote Sustainability in our region: Check the list of vendors from the Green Fair below.
– Win sustainable prizes like reusable water bottles, recycled fiber bags or Sustainable food vouchers.
– Listen to a Frost School of Music sponsored Concert. The electricity used for the concert will be offset by Renewable Energy Credits, making the concert NET ZERO ENERGY.
– Admire the work of our School of Art’ students. Their creations’ material came from salvaged resources they picked at the UM Surplus warehouse in Medley FL.
HUG THE LAKE
Presented by Random Act of Kindness and the Butler Center for Service and Leadership: At 12 pm, you are all invited to join us for 15 minutes at Lake Osceola to celebrate Earth Day by hugging the lake.
Waste Diversion sponsored by Waste Management, Dade Recycling, and Shred-It
Water sponsored by Coca Cola, Miami-Dade Water and Sewer Dpt
Green Purchasing sponsored by VWR, Staples
Green Building sponsored by USGBC
Renewable Energy sponsored by Alternate Energy Company
Alternative Transportation sponsored by Zipcar, SemaConnect EV charging station; UM Parking &Transportation
Local Non Profit and Government: Coral Gables Office of Sustainability, Dream in Green, Citizen Climate Lobby, Treemendous, UF Extension – MDC Florida Yards & Neighborhoods .
Sustainable Food: UM Dining Services, Herbert Wellness Center, Solar Smoothies with UM Student Health, and Ice Cream at Ben & Jerry!
UM Student organizations: USGBC Student Chapter; CommUnity Garden Club; Environmental Law Society; Green Committee; Plant Based Canes; Food recovery Network